Saturday, 08 January
587. Baleful Postcoloniality: Narratives of Life and Death on the Margins
3:30–4:45 p.m., 304B, LA Convention Center
A special session
Presiding: Kathleen Mary Kane, Univ. of Montana
1. “Dalit Lives in the Postcolony,” Subramanian Shankar, Univ. of Hawai‘i, Mānoa
2. “Bare Life and of Death in Recent Moroccan Literature of Migration,” David Alvarez, Grand Valley State Univ.
3. “Taming Koolau: Translating Hawaiian Resistance into the Twenty-First Century,” Bryan Kuwada, Univ. of Hawai‘i, Mānoa
4. “Passing Away: Eulogies, Despair, and Palestine,” Salah D. Hassan, Michigan State Univ.